We are currently living in a time where there are standards for everything and everyone. Social media is having a major impact on our self-esteem.
According to in-depth interviews conducted with men and women in 2017 by the Huffington Post:
· 50% reported social media having negative effects on their relationships
· 60% of people using social media reported that it has impacted their self-esteem in a negative way
· 80% reported that is easier to be deceived by others through their sharing on social media
High self-esteem is very important as it heavily influences people's choices and decisions. People with lower self-esteem don't tend to regard themselves as worthy of happy outcomes or capable of achieving them. As a result, they tend to let important things slide and be less persistent in overcoming adversity. They may have the same kinds of goals as people with higher self-esteem, but they are generally less motivated to pursue them to their conclusion.
God’s Word tells us in Philippians 4:13 (MSG), “Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.”
Bridges 2 LIFE is pleased to offer workshops such as:
· Becoming Your Best Self: Letting Go of Who You Were to Become Who You Will Be!
· ABC’s of Self-Esteem
· Taming Your Temperament
· The Importance of Self-Care: It’s Time to Take Your Power Back!
· Anger or Fear: Which One are You Dealing With?
“Self-esteem comes from being able to define the world in your own terms and refusing to abide by the judgment of others.”